Ed Dolan's 13th Final Farewell
Edward Dolan
2011-10-30 08:44:08 UTC
There ought to be a rule that no one can be on Usenet until he has reached
the age of 40. Anyone under that age is still a juvenile in our society and
not worth a shit. If such are not blithering idiots, they are snot nosed
brats who think it is clever to be stupid. Fuck'em all I say.

These cycling newsgroups were once barely acceptable because of at least a
few intelligent posters. Those days are long gone. Anyone with the least
intelligence has left for greener pastures. All that is left are the
aforementioned youthful types - dumbasses and fucktards. Fuck'em all I say.

Cyclists by and large are stupid people. Racing cyclists are the dumbest.
All they have going for them is too much testosterone. Utility cyclists are
the least dumb. Touring cyclists are somewhere in-between. But cyclists who
post to Usenet are in a class of their own - the dumbest of the dumb.
Literacy is wasted on them. Fuck'em all I say.

My only purpose in ever being here was to get a few laughs. It was easier to
get a few laughs in the old days when there were some glimmers of
intelligence, but it is all so dumbed down now that only the extremely
stupid can get any laughs. Happy days are gone forever. Fuck'em all I say.

And so Ed Dolan the Great, aka Saint Edward the Great, leaves these
fucked-up newsgroups with the sincere wish that each and everyone of you
will go to Hell where all good dumbasses and fucktards belong or, failing
that, you can stay on these groups forever fucking one another. That is the
one and only thing you are good at.

Fuck'em all I say.
--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Harry Brogan
2011-10-30 12:56:38 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
ANOTHER farewell Ed? Just as bad as I am. I simply can't stay away
from tese damne newsgroups. Have been using them since well before
the internet was such a huge thing. Remember when you had to dial
((YES DIAL)) in to a local BBS system to gain access.

The fucktards on here have absolutely NO idea what it's like to wait
an hour for a ONE MEG file to download.

I have been and probably always will be a VERY avid cyclist. I am NOT
a "spandex warrior" and I do NOT ride on ONLY those nice days when the
weather is perfect. Those assholes have too bad of an attitude to
actually enjoy the ride as they always seem to have the need to see
how FAST they can go from one place to another.

I don't count grams and could care less what the jerks think of my
ride. I don't own it to impress anyone else except me. PERIOD.

To those that look down their collective noses because I am on a
monster bike, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I can say go FUCK yourself.
I have been here on the internet and riding cycles for, probably, a
lot longer than you have.

So, you can keep your $$ 3000 carbon fiber bike that only sees the
light of day when there is absolutely NO possibilty of rain. I'll
keep plugging along on mine and will, in all likelihood, end up living
longer than you.
Duane Hebert
2011-10-30 13:57:39 UTC
Post by Harry Brogan
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Gimme a break. My first computer programming was with a PDP8.
Moving to a PDP10 that could do modem data at 110 baud was amazing.
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
So what about those that have CF bikes and ride in the rain anyway? I
haven't
noticed anyone hear give you grief about your ride. Maybe I missed
something.
But it seems like you're the one with issues.

To me, what's important is to ride my bike. I commute until the snow
falls. Sometime on the CF
and sometime on the CroMoly Bianchi tour.
Lou Holtman
2011-10-30 16:31:49 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
I was wondering about that too.
haven't
noticed anyone hear give you grief about your ride. Maybe I missed
something.
Right. I have a CF bike ride in all kinds of weather all year round and
don't look down on any bike as long as it is ridden.
But it seems like you're the one with issues.
To me, what's important is to ride my bike. I commute until the snow
falls. Sometime on the CF
and sometime on the CroMoly Bianchi tour.
Harry can't be talking about us although I ride in lycra most of the
times. Fortunately I can afford and store more than one bike. I am blessed.

Lou
Edward Dolan
2011-10-30 17:40:27 UTC
"Lou Holtman" <***@usenet.nl> wrote in message news:8d700$4ead7bfd$541d34fb$***@cache5.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
[...]
Post by Lou Holtman
Harry can't be talking about us although I ride in lycra most of the
times. Fortunately I can afford and store more than one bike. I am blessed.
How about 11 uprights and 15 recumbents, 3 of them recumbent trikes? They
litter the entire house so that you can barely navigate from room to room.
No one needs this many bicycles, but I do think everyone should have at
least three ... one for performance, one for utility (chores) and one for
pure fun. Frankly, I do not understand folks who have only one bicycle.
Edward Dolan
2011-10-30 17:29:34 UTC
"Duane Hebert" <***@flarn2.com> wrote in message news:j8jl4i$11f$***@dont-email.me...
[...]
Post by Duane Hebert
To me, what's important is to ride my bike. I commute until the snow
falls. Sometime on the CF
and sometime on the CroMoly Bianchi tour.
What stops me is not the ice and snow, but the cold. In the winter months I
ride my recumbent trikes. Falling is impossible, but you do have to worry
about cars sliding into you. Best to stay far to the right and forget that
nonsense about taking the lane.

January is the pits here in Minnesota. Even though I dress like an Eskimo,
it is just too damn cold. That is the month for hibernating and listening to
all my recordings of Beethoven.
Harry Brogan
2011-10-30 23:16:43 UTC
Post by Duane Hebert
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
You are correct. No one HERE gives me a hard time about what I ride.
But...when I do get to a bike shop I see any number of "Spandex
Warriors" on their high dollar machines thinking they are all that and
a bag of chips. I would be better off talking to the wall instead of
trying to strike up ANY conversation with these assholes.

I don't really care WHAT you ride. ((Huffy, Schwinn, Trek, Et Al))
But, leave the attitude at home when you are out among
others....especially at a bike shop.

I use the term "Spandex Warriors" for those that ride high dollar
machines that ONLY come out of the garage on those days when there is
ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of bad weather. You know the ones....the ones
you see driving their car to the bike shop to pick up that part they
need because it MIGHT rain.....
Edward Dolan
2011-10-30 23:48:28 UTC
"Harry Brogan" <***@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...
[...]
Post by Harry Brogan
You are correct. No one HERE gives me a hard time about what I ride.
But...when I do get to a bike shop I see any number of "Spandex
Warriors" on their high dollar machines thinking they are all that and
a bag of chips. I would be better off talking to the wall instead of
trying to strike up ANY conversation with these assholes.
I don't really care WHAT you ride. ((Huffy, Schwinn, Trek, Et Al))
But, leave the attitude at home when you are out among
others....especially at a bike shop.
I use the term "Spandex Warriors" for those that ride high dollar
machines that ONLY come out of the garage on those days when there is
ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of bad weather. You know the ones....the ones
you see driving their car to the bike shop to pick up that part they
need because it MIGHT rain.....
Harry, there is a certain element in the cycling community who love to hang
out in bike shops. Some bike shops even serve coffee to them. Such shops can
be the locus for organizing group rides which usually turns out to be a
race.

I can spot a bicycle snob from a mile off. I leave them to others of their
ilk. The finest folks to converse with are ordinary guys who use their bikes
for just about everything under the sun. You can tell them by their
attitudes. Some really nice guys wear spandex and ride carbon fiber bikes.
Their willingness to converse is what separates them from the rest, not the
cost of their equipment.
kolldata
really Ed, get a grip on yourself
Harry Brogan
2011-10-31 11:00:33 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
Remember, I am not talking about those that are outgoing and willing
to strike up a conversation. I have never had a problem with the
average joe rider.

The ones I am referencing are....

People the spend thousands of dollars trying to possibly recapture
something from their past.....

That only take their precious machines out on days that have NO
possibility of bad weather.....

Only go on those organized "group rides" that always seem to turn into
a race.

Will actually turn and almost RUN away from you if you AREN'T wearing
what THEY consider to be "proper attire for riding".

Back in my motorcycling days we called people like this "RUBS" Or
Rich Urban Bikers. I guess that the same could apply here.

There was a recent incident here that brought these group riders to
the forefront. Someone placed tacks on a route that a rather large
group of cyclists used. Definitely the wrong thing to do. But even
the videos showed these riders blowing a stop sign. And the guy that
held the rides even said that they don't have enough ride leaders to
handle smaller groups sothey HAVE to ride in very large ones. Guess
that means he's not quite as organized as he claims then....

Here's that article....

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/va_beach/tacky-prank-creates-chaos-for-bikers

I'll keep riding because I enjoy it. Personally, I learned a long
time ago that there will ALWAYS be people out there with the
holier-than-thou attitudes. Those people I simply choose to ignore.

Do I ride fast? Occasionally. But I am not in THAT big of a hurry to
get to Starbucks. I prefer to take in the scenery and actually enjoy
the ride. No matter WHERE I am heading.......
Dan O
2011-10-31 15:41:09 UTC
Post by Harry Brogan
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
Ah... glory days.
Post by Harry Brogan
That only take their precious machines out on days that have NO
possibility of bad weather.....
Well, my most precious usually bicycle stays inside when there's any
chance of rain, but it's irreplaceable, and made of a material that's
prone to rusting.

That said, INeither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays me
from riding one of my other bikes.
Post by Harry Brogan
Only go on those organized "group rides" that always seem to turn into
a race.
"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

That said, racing is in my blood, so yes - I'll race against anything
else that moves.
Post by Harry Brogan
Will actually turn and almost RUN away from you if you AREN'T wearing
what THEY consider to be "proper attire for riding".
This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).
Post by Harry Brogan
Back in my motorcycling days we called people like this "RUBS" Or
Rich Urban Bikers. I guess that the same could apply here.
At least nobody could ever accuse me of the 'R'... or even the
'U' (never been a real city boy, though the idea of moving to Portland
has intrigued me).
Post by Harry Brogan
There was a recent incident here that brought these group riders to
the forefront. Someone placed tacks on a route that a rather large
group of cyclists used. Definitely the wrong thing to do. But even
the videos showed these riders blowing a stop sign. And the guy that
held the rides even said that they don't have enough ride leaders to
handle smaller groups sothey HAVE to ride in very large ones. Guess
that means he's not quite as organized as he claims then....
Bah! Ride "leader", indeed :-)

That said, I definiteley blow stops.
Post by Harry Brogan
Here's that article....
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/va_beach/tacky-prank-creates-...
I'll keep riding because I enjoy it. Personally, I learned a long
time ago that there will ALWAYS be people out there with the
holier-than-thou attitudes. Those people I simply choose to ignore.
I'm working on mine. It's tough, but as time goes by perspective
grows... Recognizing the problem in myself isn't half the battle, but
it's a start.
Post by Harry Brogan
Do I ride fast? Occasionally. But I am not in THAT big of a hurry to
get to Starbucks. I prefer to take in the scenery and actually enjoy
the ride. No matter WHERE I am heading.......
I can relate, but I have to get to work on time, and get home before
bedtime. This guy who rides an organized tour or two every year or so
once said, when told about my ~extreme commute, "I hope you're not one
of those head down riders." I sort of wanted to stand back and ask
him if he thinks I got this physique tootling along. I may not
literally "stop" and smell the roses, but I do love and appreciate
being out in and part of the world.
Duane Hebert
2011-10-31 15:55:25 UTC
Post by Dan O
Post by Harry Brogan
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Post by Harry Brogan
Only go on those organized "group rides" that always seem to turn into
a race.
"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."
That said, racing is in my blood, so yes - I'll race against anything
else that moves.
Max group is 15 here by law but club policy is 12. Yesterday we were 4
but that was mostly do to the 4C temperature and 20km\h wind from the
north. I ride alone about half the time as there are not that many club
rides per week.
Post by Dan O
Post by Harry Brogan
Will actually turn and almost RUN away from you if you AREN'T wearing
what THEY consider to be "proper attire for riding".
This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).
I started riding with cutoff jeans and sandals. Over time I gradually
picked up on the "bike specific" gear as it showed to be useful. First
was the bike shorts after too many rashes from the cutoffs. Then the
gloves after I fell and scraped my palms. Next was the jersey to cut the
wind, etc. etc. Not sure if I'd call it proper attire for riding.
It seems to be useful for the type of riding that I do. My son is still
with the shorts and tee shirt style and it seems to work for him.
Edward Dolan
2011-10-31 19:29:05 UTC
"Dan O" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b7c3d075-406e-48cf-a7e5-***@v33g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
[...]
Post by Dan O
I can relate, but I have to get to work on time, and get home before
bedtime. This guy who rides an organized tour or two every year or so
once said, when told about my ~extreme commute, "I hope you're not one
of those head down riders." I sort of wanted to stand back and ask
him if he thinks I got this physique tootling along. I may not
literally "stop" and smell the roses, but I do love and appreciate
being out in and part of the world.
I have personally known two cyclists who rode "head down" and ended up in
the hospital from crashing into parked cars. This does not happen on a
recumbent where you are sitting more or less upright and viewing the passing
world in dignity and comfort.
AMuzi
2011-10-31 22:03:37 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Post by Dan O
I can relate, but I have to get to work on time, and get home before
bedtime. This guy who rides an organized tour or two every year or so
once said, when told about my ~extreme commute, "I hope you're not one
of those head down riders." I sort of wanted to stand back and ask
him if he thinks I got this physique tootling along. I may not
literally "stop" and smell the roses, but I do love and appreciate
being out in and part of the world.
I have personally known two cyclists who rode "head down" and ended up in
the hospital from crashing into parked cars. This does not happen on a
recumbent where you are sitting more or less upright and viewing the passing
world in dignity and comfort.
Sure about that?

No more dignified nor comfortable than Tom Sherman himself!
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
thirty-six
2011-11-01 01:15:34 UTC
Post by AMuzi
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/recumbentslideshow/images/jim.a...
No more dignified nor comfortable than Tom Sherman himself!
--
Andrew Muzi
  <www.yellowjersey.org/>
  Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Silly little wheel at the front and a damn big one trailing long off
the back doing little for cornering. Do all recumbent racing courses
have easy bends to accomodate such poor designs?
Jeff Liebermann
2011-11-01 06:19:24 UTC
Post by AMuzi
Post by Edward Dolan
I have personally known two cyclists who rode "head down" and ended up in
the hospital from crashing into parked cars. This does not happen on a
recumbent where you are sitting more or less upright and viewing the passing
world in dignity and comfort.
Sure about that?
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/recumbentslideshow/images/jim.atchison.jpg
No more dignified nor comfortable than Tom Sherman himself!
I think this is what he probably meant by recumbent dignity and
comfort:
<http://www.bikeforest.com/?p=71>

--
Jeff Liebermann ***@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Edward Dolan
2011-11-01 18:38:26 UTC
Post by Jeff Liebermann
Post by AMuzi
Post by Edward Dolan
I have personally known two cyclists who rode "head down" and ended up in
the hospital from crashing into parked cars. This does not happen on a
recumbent where you are sitting more or less upright and viewing the passing
world in dignity and comfort.
Sure about that?
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/recumbentslideshow/images/jim.atchison.jpg
No more dignified nor comfortable than Tom Sherman himself!
I think this is what he probably meant by recumbent dignity and
<http://www.bikeforest.com/?p=71>
http://youtu.be/PGHB-SEDzD0
http://youtu.be/OZX0BdZh-F0
The couchbike (4 wheels) makes no sense whatever, but the recumbent trikes
(3 wheels) do.
Jeff Liebermann
2011-11-02 05:44:52 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by Jeff Liebermann
Post by AMuzi
Post by Edward Dolan
I have personally known two cyclists who rode "head down" and ended up in
the hospital from crashing into parked cars. This does not happen on a
recumbent where you are sitting more or less upright and viewing the passing
world in dignity and comfort.
Sure about that?
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/recumbentslideshow/images/jim.atchison.jpg
No more dignified nor comfortable than Tom Sherman himself!
I think this is what he probably meant by recumbent dignity and
<http://www.bikeforest.com/?p=71>
http://youtu.be/PGHB-SEDzD0
http://youtu.be/OZX0BdZh-F0
The couchbike (4 wheels) makes no sense whatever, but the recumbent trikes
(3 wheels) do.
Fear of even numbers? Well, ok. Here's a 3 wheel couch bike:
<http://www.beezodogsplace.com/2011/06/21/its-a-bike-its-a-couch-its-a-sofa-bike/>
More like a sofa than a recumbent, but close enough if you want to be
really dignified and comfortable.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-02 14:55:26 UTC
[...]
<http://www.rat-patrol.org/RPOz/images/ozRats/2humps.jpg>
<http://www.beezodogsplace.com/2011/06/21/its-a-bike-its-a-couch-its-a-sofa-bike/>
More like a sofa than a recumbent, but close enough if you want to be
really dignified and comfortable.
Those 3 wheel contraptions do make more sense. I note they are designed for
two riders. But the couch is not as silly as it seems. We humans are
designed to sit in chairs, not to be split legged over a saddle. An awful
lot of difficulties can arise from pressure and injuries to the groin.
Michael Press
2011-11-02 22:03:32 UTC
Post by Jeff Liebermann
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by Jeff Liebermann
Post by AMuzi
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Needs a smoking stand.
Michael Press
Edward Dolan
2011-11-01 18:52:42 UTC
[...]
Post by AMuzi
Post by Edward Dolan
I have personally known two cyclists who rode "head down" and ended up in
the hospital from crashing into parked cars. This does not happen on a
recumbent where you are sitting more or less upright and viewing the
passing world in dignity and comfort.
Sure about that?
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/recumbentslideshow/images/jim.atchison.jpg
No more dignified nor comfortable than Tom Sherman himself!
That prone position does not look like it would be comfortable for more than
a few minutes, but more importantly it is not dignified. However, I have
never known a racing cyclist to even know what the word 'dignity' means.

The upright bicycle is designed for just one thing - efficiency. Other than
that, it is a disaster for the human anatomy. It is truly a wonder that
anyone who is not a racer rides an upright bicycle. The thinking man demands
a seat, not a saddle. But apparently some folks like to sit on fence posts.
AMuzi

T°m Sherm@n
2011-11-27 15:59:57 UTC
Post by Dan O
This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).
I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Dan O
2011-11-28 03:37:49 UTC
Post by T°m ***@n
Post by Dan O
This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).
I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2011-Alpines...
My first bike-specific clothing (after helmet) was a well-used pair of
these:

http://www.classicboots.com/moto/details/f-bore01.htm
T0m Sherm@n
2011-11-28 04:29:59 UTC
Post by Dan O
Post by T°m ***@n
Post by Dan O
[...]
The looks of SiDi boots have certainly changed - these are what I use
for cool weather and rain riding:

Lorica uppers (just like SiDi cycling shoes).

As a fan of Holstein-Frisian cows, I am sad that this color combination
and Gore-Tex is not available:
Oh well, the white is probably a PITA to keep clean.
--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
(PeteCresswell)
2011-11-28 16:12:17 UTC
http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/why-bicycle-shorts-should-always-be-black.html
PeteCresswell
T0m Sherm@n
2011-11-28 21:53:57 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/why-bicycle-shorts-should-always-be-black.html
Why such shorts should not be worn in public.
--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
thirty-six
Mike Vandeman
2011-11-29 00:47:01 UTC
Post by T°m ***@n
Post by Dan O
[...]
You can't, if you are gay.
I am a vehicular cyclist.
T0m Sherm@n
2011-11-29 07:21:28 UTC
Post by Mike Vandeman
Post by T°m ***@n
Post by Dan O
[...]
Hey Mikey,

Is that something you learned in JAIL?

How does it feel to have a criminal record?
--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
JimmyMac
2011-12-05 21:27:44 UTC
Post by T0m ***@n
Post by Mike Vandeman
Post by T°m ***@n
Post by Dan O
[...]
I too await a response from the criminal element!
I am a vehicular cyclist.
kolldata
you're sick
Mike Vandeman
We all agree on that.
thirty-six
2011-10-31 00:04:14 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Once I made a specific car journey to get a bike part. I was hard
pressed for time and needed to replace a brake cable to satisfy racing
requirements. I got home and reversed up the drive banging into the
dustbin. Thinking I didn't leave it there, I realised there must be
someone else in the house. Sure enough my brother comes out the house
wailing his head off as I nudge the bin back a bit more. I could see
it in my side mirror now so knew it was out of the way and locate the
car in its usual place. Well with my brother screaming and practicing
semaphore I managed to make out it wasn't the bin I had been pushing.
I looked under the rear axle and his friend's motorbike was there.
The replacement fairings weren't particularly costly but it did turn
out to be a relatively expensive weekend. I've always kept a spare
cable and blocks from then on.

I'm a quick and safe driver, but thinking bicycle while parking up
just doesn't agree.
James
2011-10-31 00:23:12 UTC
Post by Harry Brogan
You are correct. No one HERE gives me a hard time about what I ride.
But...when I do get to a bike shop I see any number of "Spandex
Warriors" on their high dollar machines thinking they are all that and
a bag of chips. I would be better off talking to the wall instead of
trying to strike up ANY conversation with these assholes.
I don't really care WHAT you ride. ((Huffy, Schwinn, Trek, Et Al))
But, leave the attitude at home when you are out among
others....especially at a bike shop.
I use the term "Spandex Warriors" for those that ride high dollar
machines that ONLY come out of the garage on those days when there is
ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of bad weather. You know the ones....the ones
you see driving their car to the bike shop to pick up that part they
need because it MIGHT rain.....
I am a "Spandex Warrior", and proud of it.

I prefer not to ride on the road in the pissing rain.

I have no problem going off road in the pissing rain.

I greet other people riding their bicycles with a friendly "G'day"
whenever possible, and have no problem conversing with others.

I don't go to a bike shop, I go to a bakery. Maybe I'll see you there
one day, or pass you on the road. I'll be the one who can strike up a
conversation with anyone while I drink my coffee and eat my cake, or
even just stopped at the lights.

But I know, I'm an outlier. I've the physique of a lithe young girl and
the power to weight ratio of a spider monkey on steroids. I can ride
light weight wheels lashed with European Heritage and Mystique for years
without even needing to true them, nor suffer cracks around the spoke holes.
--
James "Skinny Guts" Steward.

(Yes that is a nickname of mine, given to me by a Kiwi man giant who
raced with the same club as me many years ago.)
kolldata
2011-10-31 02:07:07 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
need because it MIGHT rain.....- Hide quoted text -
late 20's with haircut, flat bladed black spokes ?
Duane Hebert
2011-10-31 12:14:56 UTC
Post by Harry Brogan
Post by Duane Hebert
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
Well, like Lou, I have more than one bike. I have none that don't work
when it's wet. I do know some LBSs that are as you describe. I don't
use them. My current one sells expensive racing bikes but they also
sell city bikes and hard tails.
j***@gmail.com
PDP 8 huh?, I started on DTSS (Dartmouth Time Sharing System) using a KSR33 @ 110 Baud. We saved our programs on paper tape. A few years after that I moved on to RSTS on an PDP 11/45. Five giant megs of (removable) disk storage. I think the tires on my car are smaller than that 5 meg cartridge was. Those were the days.
Edward Dolan
2011-10-30 17:54:32 UTC
Post by Harry Brogan
I have been and probably always will be a VERY avid cyclist. I am NOT
a "spandex warrior" and I do NOT ride on ONLY those nice days when the
weather is perfect. Those assholes have too bad of an attitude to
actually enjoy the ride as they always seem to have the need to see
how FAST they can go from one place to another.
The attitudes of racers are the worst, but not all performance oriented
cyclists are assholes. It is their attitude which determines that, not the
kind of bike they are riding or their clothing.
Post by Harry Brogan
I don't count grams and could care less what the jerks think of my
ride. I don't own it to impress anyone else except me. PERIOD.
To those that look down their collective noses because I am on a
monster bike, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I can say go FUCK yourself.
I have been here on the internet and riding cycles for, probably, a
lot longer than you have.
So, you can keep your $$ 3000 carbon fiber bike that only sees the
light of day when there is absolutely NO possibilty of rain. I'll
keep plugging along on mine and will, in all likelihood, end up living
longer than you.
Yes, you and I are utility cyclists. We use our bikes as other use their
cars. The main problem with using bikes in place of cars is that you have to
figure out how to carry a load (especially groceries which can be not only
heavy but space hogs). Once you have got that figured out, you hardly need a
car if you are within striking distance of where you need to go.

My car sits out in the back yard collecting cobwebs. I only drive it if I
have to go out of town, which is hardly ever.
Tosspot
2011-10-30 19:38:36 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Post by Harry Brogan
I have been and probably always will be a VERY avid cyclist. I am NOT
a "spandex warrior" and I do NOT ride on ONLY those nice days when the
weather is perfect. Those assholes have too bad of an attitude to
actually enjoy the ride as they always seem to have the need to see
how FAST they can go from one place to another.
The attitudes of racers are the worst, but not all performance oriented
cyclists are assholes. It is their attitude which determines that, not the
kind of bike they are riding or their clothing.
Yeah, but like fundies, if it's wearing a tea towel you can be fairly
assured an open debate on Allah was a cunt isn't in the offing.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
Trailer. Can be had for 30 bucks and carries 30 odd kgs (60 odd of your
medieval pounds), plus pannier if you like. Works for me, but once or
twice a year I do hire a car.
Post by Edward Dolan
My car sits out in the back yard collecting cobwebs. I only drive it if I
have to go out of town, which is hardly ever.
Ok, towns in Leftpondia can be a bit more spaced, and public transport
non existent, but that's life in Liberty Town.
Edward Dolan
2011-10-30 21:15:42 UTC
Post by Tosspot
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Post by Harry Brogan
I have been and probably always will be a VERY avid cyclist. I am NOT
a "spandex warrior" and I do NOT ride on ONLY those nice days when the
weather is perfect. Those assholes have too bad of an attitude to
actually enjoy the ride as they always seem to have the need to see
how FAST they can go from one place to another.
The attitudes of racers are the worst, but not all performance oriented
cyclists are assholes. It is their attitude which determines that, not the
kind of bike they are riding or their clothing.
Yeah, but like fundies, if it's wearing a tea towel you can be fairly
assured an open debate on Allah was a cunt isn't in the offing.
Only Great Saints like Myself are permitted to make sexual allusions.
Post by Tosspot
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by Harry Brogan
[...]
I tried a trailer once and it was more trouble than it was worth. I prefer
an upright 3-speed utility trike with the large basket between the two rear
wheels. That can carry as much as I can carry.
Post by Tosspot
Post by Edward Dolan
My car sits out in the back yard collecting cobwebs. I only drive it if I
have to go out of town, which is hardly ever.
Ok, towns in Leftpondia can be a bit more spaced, and public transport
non existent, but that's life in Liberty Town.
Yes, anything more that 15 minutes to get to your destination for doing a
chore is too much.
Mike Vandeman
2011-10-31 03:53:56 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Agreed. I long ago gave up the hope of hearing anything useful or true
in these garbage pits. I only use them for one way conversation:
storing valuable information for future generations to read and learn
from. Your posts are the only bright spot. They go way over the heads
of the usual denizens.
Edward Dolan
2011-10-31 19:42:57 UTC
"Mike Vandeman" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9563d487-67b9-465d-843f-***@p14g2000pra.googlegroups.com...
[...]
Post by Mike Vandeman
Agreed. I long ago gave up the hope of hearing anything useful or true
in these garbage pits. I only use them for one way conversation:
storing valuable information for future generations to read and learn
from. Your posts are the only bright spot. They go way over the heads
of the usual denizens.

Understood, as long as you do not waste too much of your valuable time on
these newsgroups.

The best way to get a handle on mountain bikers is via the land managers.
Most of them have college degrees after all and should be amenable to reason
and persuasion. Trying to educate mountain bikers is a lost cause.

Best,
JimmyMac
2011-11-02 14:55:58 UTC
Post by Mike Vandeman
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
ONE WAY conversation is an oxymoron. By very definition, dialogue is
implicit to conversation. ONE WAY, the trademark way of both you and
Dolan, is monologue!
Mike Vandeman
2011-11-02 15:23:07 UTC
Post by Mike Vandeman
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Dolan, is monologue!- Hide quoted text -
So what's your point? We provide gems, you guys respond with ad
hominem BS. What good is that? You never stick to the subject!
(Because you CAN'T!)
JimmyMac
2011-11-05 13:43:59 UTC
Post by Mike Vandeman
Post by Mike Vandeman
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
You mean to tell em that my point exceeded your poor powers of
perception?
Post by Mike Vandeman
We provide gems, you guys respond with ad
hominem BS. What good is that? You never stick to the subject!
(Because you CAN'T!)
I think you have mistaken me for you good bud Eddy who is notorious
for straying off topic. I have often replied to his diversionary
modus operandi with ... Diversion duly noted speaking of sticking to
the subject, you failed to address (defend) your concept of "one way
conversation". As concerns [argumentum] ad hominem, there is no
compelling need to malign the character or motive of you or Ed,
because you two are lacking in character and you motives are
transparent.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-05 15:51:33 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6e1a5c3e-6684-42b3-8279-***@er6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
I think you have mistaken me for you good bud Eddy who is notorious
for straying off topic. I have often replied to his diversionary
modus operandi with ... Diversion duly noted speaking of sticking to
the subject, you failed to address (defend) your concept of "one way
conversation". As concerns [argumentum] ad hominem, there is no
compelling need to malign the character or motive of you or Ed,
because you two are lacking in character and your motives are
transparent.

There is no one on Usenet who has a more transparent motive and character
than you. It is that most pitiful one of all ... that of an envious stalker.
Mr. Vandeman and I are far removed from such a lowly 'modus operandi'.

As for everything else ('ad hominem'), your only valid complaint is that I
am a better ass kicker than you. You did not even know how to handle Ed Gin,
a notorious criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. That being the case,
how did you ever think you could handle a genius like Myself?

Your main problem on these newsgroups is that you have never recognized your
true position here in the grand scheme of things. Ed Dolan the Great is at
the top and is a genius and you are at the bottom and are a nincompoop. What
could possibly be more transparent than that?

By the way, one way conversations are totally justified when one is dealing
with a broken record like yourself - or in the case of Mr. Vandeman, dealing
with mountain bikers who are all jackasses without any exceptions.
JimmyMac
2011-11-09 00:52:39 UTC
[...]>I think you have mistaken me for you good bud Eddy who is notorious
for straying off topic.  I have often replied to his diversionary
modus operandi with ... Diversion duly noted speaking of sticking to
the subject, you failed to address (defend) your concept of  "one way
conversation".  As concerns [argumentum] ad hominem, there is no
compelling need to malign the character or motive of you or Ed,
because you two are lacking in character and your motives are
transparent.
There is no one on Usenet who has a more transparent motive and character
than you. It is that most pitiful one of all ... that of an envious stalker.
Mr. Vandeman and I are far removed from such a lowly 'modus operandi'.
How did I know that you would come to the defense of your mutual
admiration society consort Mike Vandeman? How predictable.
As for everything else ('ad hominem'), your only valid complaint is that I
am a better ass kicker than you.
I would first have to acknowledge that you are a better ass kicker
before lodging such a complaint, which I never have, by the way.
Prove me wrong. Cite a reference. Oh, that's right... you don't do
that. You never substantiate any of your fallacious nonsense (read
bullshit).
You did not even know how to handle Ed Gin,
a notorious criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. That being the case,
how did you ever think you could handle a genius like Myself?
Thank for the good laugh cretin and by the way could you say it one
mor time broken record. I don't thing the readership got your inane
opinion about the ed Gin exchange the first 1000 times.
Your main problem on these newsgroups is that you have never recognized your
true position here in the grand scheme of things. Ed Dolan the Great is at
the top and is a genius and you are at the bottom and are a nincompoop. What
could possibly be more transparent than that?
If you must know ... YOUR INTERNET PERSONA.
By the way, one way conversations are totally justified when one is dealing
with a broken record like yourself - or in the case of Mr. Vandeman, dealing
with mountain bikers who are all jackasses without any exceptions.
Conan the librarian does not know the definition of the word
conversation if he qualifies it with "one way". ONE WAY conversation
is an oxymoron as spoken by a morn and now supported by another
moron. By very definition, dialogue is
implicit to conversation. ONE WAY, ins monologue ... the trademark of
both you and your adoring consort Mike Vandeman! You two are made for
each other. Surely you can find a same sex marriage state an make it
legal like.

Haven't you left yet or do you intend to break you promise for an 18th
time??? A man is only as good as his word. What does that say of
you?
Edward Dolan
2011-11-09 01:07:41 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:81f6eefa-b5ec-43f1-9d8e-***@r28g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
Haven't you left yet or do you intend to break you promise for an 18th
time??? A man is only as good as his word. What does that say of
you?

Once a few loose ends have been taken care of and I am no longer mentioned
on these newsgroups, I will be gone. Now that Tom Sherman is no longer here,
there is no reason for me to stick around for idiots like you.
JimmyMac
2011-11-09 15:45:37 UTC
[...]> Haven't you left yet or do you intend to break you promise for an 18th
time???  A man is only as good as his word.  What does that say of
you?
Once a few loose ends have been taken care of and I am no longer mentioned
on these newsgroups, I will be gone. Now that Tom Sherman is no longer here,
there is no reason for me to stick around for idiots like you.
So there is a Santa after all and Christmas wishes do come true.
Listen up everyone, stop mentioning you know who immediately . The
sooner he's gone ... the better. Oh and Tom, allow me to thank you an
advance for lying low so as not to give this asshole reason to stick
around. Goo riddance I say.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-09 17:15:16 UTC
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
So there is a Santa after all and Christmas wishes do come true.
Listen up everyone, stop mentioning you know who immediately . The
sooner he's gone ... the better. Oh and Tom, allow me to thank you an
advance for lying low so as not to give this asshole reason to stick
around. Goo riddance I say.

You realize of course that you will have to stop your pathetic stalking of
The Great One. Unless and until you do, I will be here forever.

I cannot see Tom Sherman just leaving without a word to anyone. I think
something quite bad must have happened to him.
JimmyMac
2011-11-11 14:38:09 UTC
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
So there is a Santa after all and Christmas wishes do come true.
Listen up everyone, stop mentioning you know who immediately .  The
sooner he's gone ... the better.  Oh and Tom, allow me to thank you an
advance for lying low so as not to give this asshole reason to stick
around.  Goo riddance I say.
You realize of course that you will have to stop your pathetic stalking of
The Great One. Unless and until you do, I will be here forever.
So then, you have added another stipulation to you departure? You
should have been an attorney instead of a librarian, that is before
you became a reclusive PSD (professional societal dropout).
I cannot see Tom Sherman just leaving without a word to anyone. I think
something quite bad must have happened to him.
I'm thinking that Tom has just had enough of your abusive stalking and
is lying low in the hopes that for once in your life stand by your
word ,you follow through, and leave Usenet newsgroups forever.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-11 20:31:41 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a19d55be-c070-469c-9345-***@cu3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
On Nov 9, 11:15 am, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
So then, you have added another stipulation to you departure? You
should have been an attorney instead of a librarian, that is before
you became a reclusive PSD (professional societal dropout).

Alas, no one understands us hermits!
Post by JimmyMac
I'm thinking that Tom has just had enough of your abusive stalking and
is lying low in the hopes that for once in your life stand by your
word ,you follow through, and leave Usenet newsgroups forever.

I think what happened is that Tom Sherman simply got fed up with the lack of
on-topic discussions. Further, he got into it with some others on these
groups (not RBS) about his anti-Zionist views and probably left in disgust.

I am sure what I said never bothered him in the least. He was grown up about
our disagreements and never took offense at what was said on RBS. That is
why we got along so famously.

Unlike you, Tom Sherman knew enough not to take Usenet seriously. Usenet is
basically a playground for juveniles. I knew that from the beginning and
always behaved accordingly. You were always adrift without a clue as to the
true nature of things on Usenet. It is why you handled Ed Gin (a notorious
criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) so ineptly and were too dense to
take my excellent advice.

Anyone who takes Usenet seriously is a fool!
JimmyMac
2011-11-12 00:32:53 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
I'm thinking that Tom has just had enough of your abusive stalking and
is lying low in the hopes that for once in your life stand by your
word, follow through, and leave Usenet newsgroups forever.
I think what happened is that Tom Sherman simply got fed up with the lack of
on-topic discussions. Further, he got into it with some others on these
groups (not RBS) about his anti-Zionist views and probably left in disgust.
I am sure what I said never bothered him in the least. He was grown up about
our disagreements and never took offense at what was said on RBS. That is
why we got along so famously.
You two got along???
Post by JimmyMac
Unlike you, Tom Sherman knew enough not to take Usenet seriously. Usenet is
basically a playground for juveniles.
Then you should be right at home.
Post by JimmyMac
I knew that from the beginning and
always behaved accordingly. You were always adrift without a clue as to the
true nature of things on Usenet. It is why you handled Ed Gin (a notorious
criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) so ineptly and were too dense to
take my excellent advice.
AN you accuse me of being a broken record??? PLEASE!!!
Post by JimmyMac
Anyone who takes Usenet seriously is a fool!
You're still here??? You departure is advancing with glacial
velocity.
Post by JimmyMac
JimmyMac
2011-11-14 22:15:25 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
I knew that from the beginning and
always behaved accordingly. You were always adrift without a clue as to the
true nature of things on Usenet. It is why you handled Ed Gin (a notorious
criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) so ineptly and were too dense to
take my excellent advice.
And you accuse me of being a broken record???  PLEASE!!!
Post by JimmyMac
Anyone who takes Usenet seriously is a fool!
You're still here???  You departure is advancing with glacial
velocity.
Since Ed Dolan has gone on record to indicate that there is no reason
for him to be truthful, it is logical to assume that anything and
everything that Ed Dolan says should be taken for what it is ... a lie
and that includes his 14th announcement of his intention to depart
Usenet newsgroups.
Post by JimmyMac
Post by JimmyMac
Edward Dolan
2011-11-15 01:37:30 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fd6a9599-6eb6-4776-ae67-***@4g2000yqu.googlegroups.com...
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
Since Ed Dolan has gone on record to indicate that there is no reason
for him to be truthful, it is logical to assume that anything and
everything that Ed Dolan says should be taken for what it is ... a lie
and that includes his 14th announcement of his intention to depart
Usenet newsgroups.

The only person in the world I am a mystery to is you which speaks volumes
about the level of your intellect. But that is the fate of all stalkers ...
to end up talking only to yourself. Tibetan Monkey also only talks to
himself, but at least he is not a stalker.
JimmyMac
Edward Dolan
2011-11-16 23:33:31 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6d5653e0-0a97-4a5f-98ae-***@n14g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
Post by JimmyMac
Since Ed Dolan has gone on record to indicate that there is no reason
for him to be truthful, it is logical to assume that anything and
everything that Ed Dolan says should be taken for what it is ... a lie
and that includes his 14th announcement of his intention to depart
Usenet newsgroups.

Poor Jimmy, ever disappointed that I don't take him seriously.
JimmyMac
2011-11-17 18:33:06 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
Post by JimmyMac
Since Ed Dolan has gone on record to indicate that there is no reason
for him to be truthful, it is logical to assume that anything and
everything that Ed Dolan says should be taken for what it is ... a lie
and that includes his 14th announcement of his intention to depart
Usenet newsgroups.
Poor Jimmy, ever disappointed that I don't take him seriously.
You're still here? Did you say something ... I mean something of any
consequence?
Edward Dolan
2011-11-18 00:30:11 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
Post by JimmyMac
You're still here? Did you say something ... I mean something of any
consequence?

I never say anything where you are concerned. But hang in there anyway. I
need to keep my ass kicking ability up to a certain standard.
James
2011-11-18 01:05:51 UTC
I never say anything ...
Spot on.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-18 01:25:37 UTC
Post by James
I never say anything ...
Spot on.
I leave it to my inferiors to try to say something ... and then I kick their
dumb asses. I leave it to others to decide who is more entertaining.
JimmyMac
2011-11-18 22:42:21 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by James
I never say anything ...
Spot on.
I leave it to my inferiors to try to say something ... and then I kick their
dumb asses. I leave it to others to decide who is more entertaining.
Care to risk the outcome of a poll and be confronted with reality?
Edward Dolan
2011-11-19 00:51:33 UTC
Post by James
Post by JimmyMac
Care to risk the outcome of a poll and be confronted with reality?
The only poll I would pay any attention to is the one I run in my own head.
Other types of polls are for blockheads like you who never know which end is
up.
JimmyMac
2011-11-17 21:42:45 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Listen up BROKEN RECORD. Excellent advice??? I didn't know that you
did stand up. Opinion stated as fact. Here's some advice for you.
Stop offering advice unless it is asked first asked for. You don't
know the cardinal rules of basic interaction in life. You are a
blockhead who thinks he knows all that there is to know, but has yet
to master even the rudimentary aspects of interpersonal
relationships. First and foremost ... he who expects to be heard must
first learn to listen. I'm the one who is dense (coping mechanism ...
projection) you assert. Look, I made it abundantly clear from the
onset and have since reiterated my feelings countless times in
response to your incessant harping in this regard. I neither
requested, wanted, or needed your advice. No matter how many times I
have repeated that, you (the one who is the densest of the dense)
refused to listen. Another thing ... Ed, Gin (whom you continue to be
hung up on for reasons known only to yourself) did not destroy ARBR,
no matter how many time you regurgitate that gibberish. If anyone can
lay claim to that honor, that would be you and the Tibetan Monkey.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-18 00:54:05 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6f405987-2e8c-4a3c-9c88-***@cc2g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
On Nov 11, 2:31 pm, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
Listen up BROKEN RECORD. Excellent advice??? I didn't know that you
did stand up. Opinion stated as fact. Here's some advice for you.
Stop offering advice unless it is asked first asked for. You don't
know the cardinal rules of basic interaction in life. You are a
blockhead who thinks he knows all that there is to know, but has yet
to master even the rudimentary aspects of interpersonal
relationships.

Don't be so hard on yourself. After all the world needs idiots like you as
well as geniuses like me.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
First and foremost ... he who expects to be heard must
first learn to listen. I'm the one who is dense (coping mechanism ...
projection) you assert. Look, I made it abundantly clear from the
onset and have since reiterated my feelings countless times in
response to your incessant harping in this regard. I neither
requested, wanted, or needed your advice. No matter how many times I
have repeated that, you (the one who is the densest of the dense)
refused to listen.

Why should I let an idiot like you make a total asshole of yourself on
Usenet for all the world to see, most especially after I said a few good
things about you in the beginning. Hey, that makes me look bad.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
Another thing ... Ed, Gin (whom you continue to be
hung up on for reasons known only to yourself) did not destroy ARBR,
no matter how many time you regurgitate that gibberish. If anyone can
lay claim to that honor, that would be you and the Tibetan Monkey.

No one pays any attention to TM and I am the only one who ever paid any
attention to you. Ed Gin and his cohorts did indeed destroy ARBR. But how
the hell would you know one way or another. The only thing you ever did on
ARBR was whine and stalk ... and then were too stupid to take my very
excellent advice on how to behave.

Tom Sherman also behaved abominably in the whole episode. Only Ed Dolan the
Great, aka Saint Edward the Great of the Order of the Perpetual Sorrows,
rose above the general confusion and called everyone out for what they were
... assholes, cowards and criminal vandal trolls.
JimmyMac
2011-11-18 22:41:04 UTC
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
Hard on myself. Speaking of idiots, ate you having difficulty
comprehending what was said again?
Post by Edward Dolan
First and foremost ... he who expects to be heard must
first learn to listen.  I'm the one who is dense (coping mechanism ...
projection) you assert.  Look, I made it abundantly clear from the
onset and have since reiterated my feelings countless times in
response to your incessant harping in this regard.  I neither
requested, wanted, or needed your advice.  No matter how many times I
have repeated that, you (the one who is the densest of the dense)
refused to listen.
Why should I let an idiot like you make a total asshole of yourself on
Usenet for all the world to see, most especially after I said a few good
things about you in the beginning. Hey, that makes me look bad.
You don't need any help. You make you self look bad with the majority
of post you make.
Post by Edward Dolan
Another thing ... Ed, Gin (whom you continue to be
hung up on for reasons known only to yourself) did not destroy ARBR,
no matter how many time you regurgitate that gibberish.  If anyone can
lay claim to that honor, that would be you and the Tibetan Monkey.
No one pays any attention to TM and I am the only one who ever paid any
attention to you. Ed Gin and his cohorts did indeed destroy ARBR.
Opinion regurgitated as fact (logical fallacy ... argumentum ad
nausem). Repetition is no substitute for argument.
But how
the hell would you know one way or another. The only thing you ever did on
ARBR was whine and stalk ... and then were too stupid to take my very
excellent advice on how to behave.
You piss poor advice sucked just like you.
Tom Sherman also behaved abominably in the whole episode. Only Ed Dolan the
Great, aka Saint Edward the Great of the Order of the Perpetual Sorrows,
rose above the general confusion and called everyone out for what they were
... assholes, cowards and criminal vandal trolls.
You are in danger of suffering a repetitive stress injury from
incessant patting of yourselb on the back, but I guess someone has to
do it. No one else ever will. For what it is worth, you fit all
categories since you are an asshole, a coward, and a troll.
Edward Dolan
2011-11-19 01:02:42 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:46582bed-5be2-459a-a94a-***@d17g2000yql.googlegroups.com...
On Nov 17, 6:54 pm, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
You don't need any help. You make you self look bad with the majority
of post you make.

Ed Gin was a criminal vandal troll, but he sure had you pegged right. If I
had known what he knew I would never have bothered with you in the first
place. Maybe Tom Sherman was right after all to stay out of the fray. He can
spot jackasses right off the bat.
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
You piss poor advice sucked just like you.
"The only thing you ever did on ARBR was whine and stalk ... and then were
too stupid to take my very
excellent advice on how to behave." - Ed Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
You are in danger of suffering a repetitive stress injury from
incessant patting of yourselb on the back, but I guess someone has to
do it. No one else ever will. For what it is worth, you fit all
categories since you are an asshole, a coward, and a troll.

Ed Gin was the criminal vandal troll, Jim McNamara was the dumb asshole and
Tom Sherman was the crafty coward. Ed Dolan the Great was .... well, merely
Great as always.
JimmyMac
2011-11-25 14:45:23 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
Why should I let an idiot like you make a total asshole of yourself on
Usenet for all the world to see, most especially after I said a few good
things about you in the beginning. Hey, that makes me look bad.
You don't need any help.  You make you self look bad with the majority
of post you make.
Ed Gin was a criminal vandal troll, but he sure had you pegged right. If I
had known what he knew I would never have bothered with you in the first
place. Maybe Tom Sherman was right after all to stay out of the fray. He can
spot jackasses right off the bat.
[...]
I just can't figure out who you are more enamored with ... Ed Gin or
Mike Vandeman? Either way, need I remind you that they are of the
same gender ... yours?
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
But how
the hell would you know one way or another. The only thing you ever did on
ARBR was whine and stalk ... and then were too stupid to take my very
excellent advice on how to behave.
Your piss poor advice sucked just like you.
"The only thing you ever did on ARBR was whine and stalk ... and then were
too stupid to take my very
excellent advice on how to behave." - Ed Dolan
Your piss poor advice sucked just like you. See I can copy an paste
repetitively too. Is that the best you have to offer?
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
Tom Sherman also behaved abominably in the whole episode. Only Ed Dolan the
Great, aka Saint Edward the Great of the Order of the Perpetual Sorrows,
rose above the general confusion and called everyone out for what they were
... assholes, cowards and criminal vandal trolls.
You are in danger of suffering a repetitive stress injury from
incessant patting of yourself on the back, but I guess someone has to
do it.  No one else ever will.  For what it is worth, you fit all
categories since you are an asshole, a coward, and a troll.
Ed Gin was the criminal vandal troll, Jim McNamara was the dumb asshole and
Tom Sherman was the crafty coward. Ed Dolan the Great was .... well, merely
Great as always.
Great, only in the sense that you fit all categories since you are an
asshole, a coward, and a troll.

You said you were leaving but are still here. It is said that a man
is only as good as his word. From his it is logical to conclude that
you're just no good!
Edward Dolan
2011-11-26 02:50:00 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7639910b-cc18-4c83-9177-***@z12g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
On Nov 18, 7:02 pm, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
I just can't figure out who you are more enamored with ... Ed Gin or
Mike Vandeman? Either way, need I remind you that they are of the
same gender ... yours?

Not to worry as I am not enamored of you, that is for sure! But we hermits
live our lives unencumbered by any regard for others. I never think of
anyone except Myself!
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
Great, only in the sense that you fit all categories since you are an
asshole, a coward, and a troll.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember, even Ed Gin showed some mercy toward
you at the end. But everyone ends up feeling sorry for a sad sack such as
yourself sooner or later.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
You said you were leaving but are still here. It is said that a man
is only as good as his word. From his it is logical to conclude that
you're just no good!

I am waiting for you to leave first just like I waited for Tom Sherman to
leave first.
JimmyMac
2011-11-27 17:18:59 UTC
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
I just can't figure out who you are more enamored with ... Ed Gin or
Mike Vandeman?  Either way, need I remind you that they are of the
same gender ... yours?
Not to worry as I am not enamored of you, that is for sure! But we hermits
live our lives unencumbered by any regard for others. I never think of
anyone except Myself!
[...]
That you are self-centered goes without saying and comes as no
revelation. It has always been all about you form day one..
Post by JimmyMac
Great, only in the sense that you fit all categories since you are an
asshole, a coward, and a troll.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember, even Ed Gin showed some mercy toward
you at the end. But everyone ends up feeling sorry for a sad sack such as
yourself sooner or later.
Hard on myself? Your inability to comprehend the written word never
ceases to amaze.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
You said you were leaving but are still here.  It is said that a man
is only as good as his word.  From his it is logical to conclude that
you're just no good!
I am waiting for you to leave first just like I waited for Tom Sherman to
leave first.
And, this would somehow be for you a satisfying moral victory? OK,
I'm willing to do that in order that others will be spared your
bullshit. So then, precisely how long do I have to be gone for you to
leave or, in the event that you do not leave (very likely), to prove
once again that your word means absolutely nothing? Well, I'm waiting
for an answer. How long???
Edward Dolan
2011-11-28 03:25:09 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4448259f-3754-4987-b279-***@z12g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
On Nov 25, 8:50 pm, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[,,,]
Post by JimmyMac
And, this would somehow be for you a satisfying moral victory? OK,
I'm willing to do that in order that others will be spared your
bullshit. So then, precisely how long do I have to be gone for you to
leave or, in the event that you do not leave (very likely), to prove
once again that your word means absolutely nothing? Well, I'm waiting
for an answer. How long???

I have noted recently a few posts from Tom Sherman appearing back on these
newsgroups, so I will have to stick around for a bit longer to make sure he
is not up to his old tricks (liberalism-socialism-communism). What you do or
don't do doesn't matter to me. If you could ever learn to read between the
lines, you would know that.
JimmyMac
2011-12-05 21:26:52 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[,,,]
Post by Edward Dolan
I am waiting for you to leave first just like I waited for Tom Sherman to
leave first.
And, this would somehow be for you a satisfying moral victory?  OK,
I'm willing to do that in order that others will be spared your
bullshit.  So then, precisely how long do I have to be gone for you to
leave or, in the event that you do not leave (very likely), to prove
once again that your word means absolutely nothing?  Well, I'm waiting
for an answer.  How long???
I have noted recently a few posts from Tom Sherman appearing back on these
newsgroups, so I will  have to stick around for a bit longer to make sure he
is not up to his old tricks (liberalism-socialism-communism). What you do or
don't do doesn't matter to me. If you could ever learn to read between the
lines, you would know that.
TRANSLATION: As in the past 13 previous announcemtns of my departure,
I never had any intention of leaving. I am what I am ... a proven
LIAR, not a man of my word, so dont EVER take me at my word. I have
consistent and repetitively demonstrated over and over again that I am
not a man of my word. I may demand that you listen to me and abide
but what I have to say, but feel free to ignore me, sinceI am only
here to annoy. It would be best to just ignore me.
AMuzi
2011-12-05 22:21:27 UTC
-snip snip snip-
Post by JimmyMac
TRANSLATION: As in the past 13 previous announcemtns of my departure,
I never had any intention of leaving. I am what I am ... a proven
LIAR, not a man of my word, so dont EVER take me at my word. I have
consistent and repetitively demonstrated over and over again that I am
not a man of my word. I may demand that you listen to me and abide
but what I have to say, but feel free to ignore me, sinceI am only
here to annoy. It would be best to just ignore me.
Is that a campaign speech? Incumbent or challenger?

Sounds very familiar at any rate.
Edward Dolan
2011-12-06 13:05:51 UTC
[,,,]
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
TRANSLATION: As in the past 13 previous announcemtns of my departure,
I never had any intention of leaving. I am what I am ... a proven
LIAR, not a man of my word, so dont EVER take me at my word. I have
consistent and repetitively demonstrated over and over again that I am
not a man of my word. I may demand that you listen to me and abide
but what I have to say, but feel free to ignore me, sinceI am only
here to annoy. It would be best to just ignore me.

Jim McNamara is the kind of fool who only likes to talk to himself. He
resembles Tibetan Monkey that way, but TM is more honest than him. TM at
least does not pretend that he is ever talking to others nor does he ever
attempt any "translations".

Putting words in the mouths of others is the last refuge of a scoundrel. All
that is missing is the forgery of a name and address.

He and Ed Gin were too two birds of a feather. Together they managed to
destroy ARBR which was not difficult to do since it was such a small
newsgroup to begin with. Fuck him and all who think like him.
JimmyMac
2011-12-10 20:29:01 UTC
[,,,]
Post by Edward Dolan
I am waiting for you to leave first just like I waited for Tom Sherman to
leave first.
And, this would somehow be for you a satisfying moral victory? OK,
I'm willing to do that in order that others will be spared your
bullshit. So then, precisely how long do I have to be gone for you to
leave or, in the event that you do not leave (very likely), to prove
once again that your word means absolutely nothing? Well, I'm waiting
for an answer. How long???
I have noted recently a few posts from Tom Sherman appearing back on these
newsgroups, so I will have to stick around for a bit longer to make sure
he
is not up to his old tricks (liberalism-socialism-communism). What you do or
don't do doesn't matter to me. If you could ever learn to read between the
lines, you would know that.
Post by Edward Dolan
TRANSLATION:  As in the past 13 previous announcements of my departure,
I never had any intention of leaving.  I am what I am ... a proven
LIAR, not a man of my word, so don't EVER take me at my word.  I have
consistent and repetitively demonstrated over and over again that I am
not a man of my word.  I may demand that you listen to me and abide
but what I have to say, but feel free to ignore me, since I am only
here to annoy.  It would be best to just ignore me.
Jim McNamara is the kind of fool who only likes to talk to himself. He
resembles Tibetan Monkey that way, but TM is more honest than him. TM at
least does not pretend that he is ever talking to others nor does he ever
attempt any "translations".
Opinion stated as fact. Now, if Ed Dolan sincerely believes that I
merely talk to myself and yet he still replies, then is he not himself
the fool? Concan the Librarian, do look up the meaning of the word
translation and you will realize my intent which has obviously eluded
your poor powers of perception.
Putting words in the mouths of others is the last refuge of a scoundrel. All
that is missing is the forgery of a name and address.
While you are at it, also look up the definition of interpretation.
Your complete lack of sincerity to depart has been aptly demonstrated
13 times prior to this your 14th announcement. You unwillingness to
keep your word is there for all to see. I'm not putting words in your
mouth so much as making an observation that can easily be verified.
He and Ed Gin were too two birds of a feather. Together they managed to
destroy ARBR which was not difficult to do since it was such a small
newsgroup to begin with. Fuck him and all who think like him.
Copy and paste bolierplate nonsense regurgitated endlessly (logical
fallacy - argumentum ad nauseum). Repetition of unsubstantiated
allegations is sadly the best that the GRATE one, HEAD Dolan, can
offer.

Ed stop fantasizing about Ed Gin and Mike Vandeman and find yourself a
good woman.
Edward Dolan
2011-12-10 23:04:04 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:15e87552-34fe-4ac0-b20a-***@f33g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 6, 7:05 am, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
Opinion stated as fact. Now, if Ed Dolan sincerely believes that I
merely talk to myself and yet he still replies, then is he not himself
the fool? Concan the Librarian, do look up the meaning of the word
translation and you will realize my intent which has obviously eluded
your poor powers of perception.

It is all fun and games for me. What is it for you?
Post by JimmyMac
While you are at it, also look up the definition of interpretation.
Your complete lack of sincerity to depart has been aptly demonstrated
13 times prior to this your 14th announcement. You unwillingness to
keep your word is there for all to see. I'm not putting words in your
mouth so much as making an observation that can easily be verified.

Then say it without attempting a paraphrase, you fucking idiot!
Post by JimmyMac
Copy and paste bolierplate nonsense regurgitated endlessly (logical
fallacy - argumentum ad nauseum). Repetition of unsubstantiated
allegations is sadly the best that the GRATE one, HEAD Dolan, can
offer.

My chief mission on Usenet is to remind you of what a fool you made of
yourself with Ed Gin. Too bad you did not take my very excellent advice on
how to handle him. Nope, you did not even want to hear what anyone else had
to say. It doesn't get any dumber than that!
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
Ed stop fantasizing about Ed Gin and Mike Vandeman and find yourself a
good woman.

And end up married to a shrew of a wife with 2 dogs like you? No thanks. I
enjoy my sovereignty and my 12 cats too much for that.
JimmyMac
2011-12-18 18:16:49 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
Jim McNamara is the kind of fool who only likes to talk to himself. He
resembles Tibetan Monkey that way, but TM is more honest than him. TM at
least does not pretend that he is ever talking to others nor does he ever
attempt any "translations".
Opinion stated as fact.  Now, if Ed Dolan sincerely believes that I
merely talk to myself and yet he still replies, then is he not himself
the fool?  Connan the Librarian, do look up the meaning of the word
translation and you will realize my intent which has obviously eluded
your poor powers of perception.
It is all fun and games for me. What is it for you?
Now just how infantile is that? I see that Dolan has once again
seized the opportunity to embarrass himself. When I think back on my
many cyber-skirmishes with Ed Dolan, several things come to mind. To
get him to comprehend an opposing point of view is an impossibility.
An old adage comes to mind here. To those who understand, no
explanation is necessary. To those who don't (or in Eds' case)
refuse to understand, no explanation is possible. Maturity is
something I would expect of the geriatric Ed, but growing old is
mandatory, while growing up is optional. Fun and games to the
exclusion of all else, is a telling indication of arrested
development. Another old adage comes to mind here. Wisdom doesn't
necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by
itself. Dolan is proof positive that one simply cannot presume that
with age comes maturity or wisdom.
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
Putting words in the mouths of others is the last refuge of a scoundrel. All
that is missing is the forgery of a name and address.
While you are at it, also look up the definition of interpretation.
Your complete  lack of sincerity to depart has been aptly demonstrated
13 times prior to this your 14th announcement.  You unwillingness to
keep your word is there for all to see.  I'm not putting words in your
mouth so much as making an observation that can easily be verified.
Then say it without attempting a paraphrase, you fucking idiot!
My interpretation of what Ed says precisely mirrors which he does an
does not do. Eough said about that. at you do and do not do. The
likelihood of Ed Dolan abandoning the internet and Usenet newsgroup
forums is predictably and infinitesimally minute. The likelihood of
being killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull while in the Sahara
Desert is considerably higher.
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
He and Ed Gin were too two birds of a feather. Together they managed to
destroy ARBR which was not difficult to do since it was such a small
newsgroup to begin with. Fuck him and all who think like him.
Copy and paste bolierplate nonsense regurgitated endlessly (logical
fallacy - argumentum ad nauseum).  Repetition of unsubstantiated
allegations is sadly the best that the GRATE one, HEAD Dolan, can
offer.
My chief mission on Usenet is to remind you of what a fool you made of
yourself with Ed Gin.
Goo luck with that.
Post by JimmyMac
Too bad you did not take my very excellent advice on
how to handle him. Nope, you did not even want to hear what anyone else had
to say. It doesn't get any dumber than that!
Ed's advice was as worthless as Ed himself and frankly mattered not
just as Ed matters not. Lacking anything original to add to the
conversation, the broken record plays the same tiresome song that
everyone has grown weary of listening to.
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
Ed stop fantasizing about Ed Gin and Mike Vandeman and find yourself a
good woman.
And end up married to a shrew of a wife with 2 dogs like you? No thanks. I
enjoy my sovereignty and my 12 cats too much for that.
Ed doesn't even know my wife, but being the obnoxious person that he
is, even if he did, he would probably still slap an inapplicable label
on her in a failed attempt to ruffle my feathers. The fact is, my
wife is a registered therapist and my dogs are both AKC certified
therapy dogs. If there is one thing that Dolan sorely needs it is not
another cat ... it is a therapist. Admittedly, Ed has no use for his
fellow man. He is content with exercising his jurisdiction in his cat
house. How shallow an existence is that?

It should be apparent to all that Dolan is possessed by an inflexible,
myopic, fossilized, mentality. By his deeds will he be known. A man
who has no existence other than that which he partakes of in common
with all around him (think internet forums), will never have any
existence other than one of empty and meaningless mediocrity and that
is where Ed Dolan chooses to be. How pitiful is that?

Allow me to take this opportunity to explain something to you Ed, not
that I expect you to either comprehend or accept what I have to say.
It's like this]. We are mortal and our time here is limited. Our
clocks are wound but once and no one knows when the hands will stop.
It is utter foolishness to waste one's life a prisoner of someone
else's dogma, living by the principles of another's thinking. I'll
not allow the noise of your opinions drown out my inner voice. I am
guided by my intuition and listen to my own inner voice. I already
know what and who I am or want yet to become. I need not your
counsel, your advice, your guidance. All that you have to offer is
not required, unwelcome, and matters not. What you think of me does
not define what and who I am. You can randomly babble on all you
want, but I suspect that most feel as I do and will pay you the homage
that you so rightly deserve as your wasted words fall on their deaf
ears and you are ignored as you most certainly deserve to be. You are
a waste of space and a waste of bandwidth. Is that clear enough for
you?
Edward Dolan
2011-12-21 03:22:25 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
Now just how infantile is that? I see that Dolan has once again
seized the opportunity to embarrass himself. When I think back on my
many cyber-skirmishes with Ed Dolan, several things come to mind. To
get him to comprehend an opposing point of view is an impossibility.
An old adage comes to mind here. To those who understand, no
explanation is necessary. To those who don't (or in Eds' case)
refuse to understand, no explanation is possible. Maturity is
something I would expect of the geriatric Ed, but growing old is
mandatory, while growing up is optional. Fun and games to the
exclusion of all else, is a telling indication of arrested
development. Another old adage comes to mind here. Wisdom doesn't
necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by
itself. Dolan is proof positive that one simply cannot presume that
with age comes maturity or wisdom.

I already know everything there is to know. Why would I ever listen to a
dumkopf like you?
Post by Edward Dolan
My interpretation of what Ed says precisely mirrors which he does an
does not do. Eough said about that. at you do and do not do. The
likelihood of Ed Dolan abandoning the internet and Usenet newsgroup
forums is predictably and infinitesimally minute. The likelihood of
being killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull while in the Sahara
Desert is considerably higher.

Tom Sherman is still lurking about. I will have to stay here for him until
Hell freezes over.
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
He and Ed Gin were too two birds of a feather. Together they managed to
destroy ARBR which was not difficult to do since it was such a small
newsgroup to begin with. Fuck him and all who think like him.
Copy and paste bolierplate nonsense regurgitated endlessly (logical
fallacy - argumentum ad nauseum). Repetition of unsubstantiated
allegations is sadly the best that the GRATE one, HEAD Dolan, can
offer.
My chief mission on Usenet is to remind you of what a fool you made of
yourself with Ed Gin.
Good luck with that.
Post by Edward Dolan
Ed's advice was as worthless as Ed himself and frankly mattered not
just as Ed matters not. Lacking anything original to add to the
conversation, the broken record plays the same tiresome song that
everyone has grown weary of listening to.

It is characteristic of fools like you not to listen to Great Ones like
Myself.
Post by Edward Dolan
Ed doesn't even know my wife, but being the obnoxious person that he
is, even if he did, he would probably still slap an inapplicable label
on her in a failed attempt to ruffle my feathers. The fact is, my
wife is a registered therapist and my dogs are both AKC certified
therapy dogs. If there is one thing that Dolan sorely needs it is not
another cat ... it is a therapist. Admittedly, Ed has no use for his
fellow man. He is content with exercising his jurisdiction in his cat
house. How shallow an existence is that?

A shallow existence is better than no existence at all. But I would not want
to be a woman married to someone like you. That would be a fate worse than
death. My condolences to your poor longsuffering wife. She is a saint for
putting up with you.
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
It should be apparent to all that Dolan is possessed by an inflexible,
myopic, fossilized, mentality. By his deeds will he be known. A man
who has no existence other than that which he partakes of in common
with all around him (think internet forums), will never have any
existence other than one of empty and meaningless mediocrity and that
is where Ed Dolan chooses to be. How pitiful is that?

I spend very little time on the Internet, about 1 hour a day. Half the time
my computer is not even working. It is a fucked up technology that only
appeals to nerds and geeks like you. Let's hear it for those god damn
fucking utilities! None of them work either.
JimmyMac
2011-12-28 23:58:40 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
TRANSLATION: I've have deluded myself into believing that I know all
that there is to know and have no intention of ever of listening to
anyone about anything, but will throw an tantrum if anyone is so bold
as to refuse to listen to me. I am admittedly a megalomaniac, self-
centered, self-aggrandizing, and most of all, self-absorbed. I trust
that you will not overlook the operative word ... SELF. Get over
yourself Ed. Everyone else has.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by Edward Dolan
My interpretation of what Ed says precisely mirrors which he does an
does not do. Enough said about that. at you do and do not do. The
likelihood of Ed Dolan abandoning the internet and Usenet newsgroup
forums is predictably and infinitesimally minute. The likelihood of
being killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull while in the Sahara
Desert is considerably higher.
Tom Sherman is still lurking about. I will have to stay here for him until
Hell freezes over.
I have a suggestion for you. The next time you make yet another
announcement of your departure, at least extend the readership the
common courtesy of any and all prerequisites, stipulations,
contingencies for your departure so as not to continue to make
yourself out to be such a liar.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
He and Ed Gin were too two birds of a feather. Together they managed to
destroy ARBR which was not difficult to do since it was such a small
newsgroup to begin with. Fuck him and all who think like him.
Copy and paste bolierplate nonsense regurgitated endlessly (logical
fallacy - argumentum ad nauseum). Repetition of unsubstantiated
allegations is sadly the best that the GRATE one, HEAD Dolan, can
offer.
My chief mission on Usenet is to remind you of what a fool you made of
yourself with Ed Gin.
Good luck with that.
Post by Edward Dolan
Ed's advice was as worthless as Ed himself and frankly mattered not
just as Ed matters not. Lacking anything original to add to the
conversation, the broken record plays the same tiresome song that
everyone has grown weary of listening to.
It is characteristic of fools like you not to listen to Great Ones like
Myself.
See what I said above in this regard. He who expects to be heard,
must first learn to listen. You have never recognized the notion nor
mastered the ability.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by Edward Dolan
Ed doesn't even know my wife, but being the obnoxious person that he
is, even if he did, he would probably still slap an inapplicable label
on her in a failed attempt to ruffle my feathers. The fact is, my
wife is a registered therapist and my dogs are both AKC certified
therapy dogs. If there is one thing that Dolan sorely needs it is not
another cat ... it is a therapist. Admittedly, Ed has no use for his
fellow man. He is content with exercising his jurisdiction in his cat
house. How shallow an existence is that?
A shallow existence is better than no existence at all. But I would not want
to be a woman married to someone like you. That would be a fate worse than
death. My condolences to your poor longsuffering wife. She is a saint for
putting up with you.
So then you admit that you existence is shallow? You know, original
you are not, but boringly repetitive, you most certainly are. Here,
the broken record plays the time worn long-suffering wife tune
again. Ed now calls my wife a saint after just referring to her as a
shrew? The conundrum continues. Ed, do yourself and everyone else a
favor. Get some professional help.
Post by Edward Dolan
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
It should be apparent to all that Dolan is possessed by an inflexible,
myopic, fossilized, mentality. By his deeds will he be known. A man
who has no existence other than that which he partakes of in common
with all around him (think internet forums), will never have any
existence other than one of empty and meaningless mediocrity and that
is where Ed Dolan chooses to be. How pitiful is that?
I spend very little time on the Internet, about 1 hour a day. Half the time
my computer is not even working. It is a fucked up technology that only
appeals to nerds and geeks like you. Let's hear it for those god damn
fucking utilities! None of them work either.
So, let's see now. You are experiencing computer probelms which even
the "god damn fucking utiites" can't fix? There is hope then. One
day soon your computer will breathe its last and put and end to your
bullshit. Alleluia!
Edward Dolan
2011-12-29 02:15:44 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bc792ca4-95d0-476e-8869-***@o9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 20, 9:22 pm, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
TRANSLATION: I've have deluded myself into believing that I know all
that there is to know and have no intention of ever of listening to
anyone about anything, but will throw an tantrum if anyone is so bold
as to refuse to listen to me. I am admittedly a megalomaniac, self-
centered, self-aggrandizing, and most of all, self-absorbed. I trust
that you will not overlook the operative word ... SELF. Get over
yourself Ed. Everyone else has.

ANYONE over the age of 55 who is still listening to others has never learned
much, at least not on topics worth knowing about. However, you have remained
a child mentally despite your years - and therefore listening to others is
what you should be doing nonstop. I told you how to handle Ed Gin and you
did not even want to listen. You behaved like a child and so that is how I
have treated you ever after. Your stalking behavior on Usenet is yet another
sign of your mental and emotional immaturity.
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
I have a suggestion for you. The next time you make yet another
announcement of your departure, at least extend the readership the
common courtesy of any and all prerequisites, stipulations,
contingencies for your departure so as not to continue to make
yourself out to be such a liar.

I think Tom Sherman has gone for good which means I can be gone for good
too. Frankly, I am glad as my foot was getting sore from kicking his dumb
ass.
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
See what I said above in this regard. He who expects to be heard,
must first learn to listen. You have never recognized the notion nor
mastered the ability.

But I listen to Myself all the time! Of course, just because I listen to
Myself doesn't mean I act on it.
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
So then you admit that you existence is shallow? You know, original
you are not, but boringly repetitive, you most certainly are. Here,
the broken record plays the time worn long-suffering wife tune
again. Ed now calls my wife a saint after just referring to her as a
shrew? The conundrum continues. Ed, do yourself and everyone else a
favor. Get some professional help.

EVERYONE who has ever lived has lived a shallow existence. Unlike you, I do
not confuse real life with fantasy life. For instance, Ed Gin was not
someone who needed to be reformed, he was someone who needed to be told to
go fuck himself. Too bad you were not realist enough to know that.

Your wife was a fool for marrying you and a saint for putting up with you.
But I think that could be said about most marriages among the hoi-polloi.
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
So, let's see now. You are experiencing computer probelms which even
the "god damn fucking utiites" can't fix? There is hope then. One
day soon your computer will breathe its last and put and end to your
bullshit. Alleluia!

I will put an end to the computer before the computer puts an end to me.
Those who want to fool with these dammed infernal machines are welcome to
it, but I have never been confused about what is important and what is silly
nonsense. If you had a brain in your head, you would ask yourself why
computers constantly need "fixing".
JimmyMac
2012-01-02 19:10:55 UTC
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
I already know everything there is to know. Why would I ever listen to a
dumkopf like you?
TRANSLATION:  I've have deluded myself into believing that I know all
that there is to know and have no intention of ever of listening to
anyone about anything, but will throw an tantrum if anyone is so bold
as to refuse to listen to me.   I am admittedly a megalomaniac, self-
centered, self-aggrandizing, and most of all, self-absorbed.   I trust
that you will not overlook the operative word ... SELF.   Get over
yourself Ed.  Everyone else has.
ANYONE over the age of 55 who is still listening to others has never learned
much, at least not on topics worth knowing about.
Opinion stated as fact. Nevertheless, if you maintain this to be tan
axiom, then abide by it. You can cease whining about me not taking
your advice, since I am over 55. Got that now dunderhead?
Post by JimmyMac
However, you have remained
a child mentally despite your years - and therefore listening to others is
what you should be doing nonstop. I told you how to handle Ed Gin and you
did not even want to listen. You behaved like a child and so that is how I
have treated you ever after. Your stalking behavior on Usenet is yet another
sign of your mental and emotional immaturity.
See what I said above in this regard. Your advice is as worthless as
you are. He who wishes to be heard, must first learn to listen and
you never listen to anyone. A concerns emotional maturity, he who
lives in a glass house should not throw stones. You are a troll. The
American Psychiatric Association considers the internet troll to be a
form of mental illness ... a personality disorder. Enough said about
that.
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
Tom Sherman is still lurking about. I will have to stay here for him until
Hell freezes over.
I have a suggestion for you.  The next time you make yet another
announcement of your departure, at least extend the readership the
common courtesy of any and all prerequisites, stipulations,
contingencies for your departure so as not to continue to make
yourself out to be such a liar.
I think Tom Sherman has gone for good which means I can be gone for good
too. Frankly, I am glad as my foot was getting sore from kicking his dumb
ass.
Goo riddance.
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
It is characteristic of fools like you not to listen to Great Ones like
Myself.
You misspelled GRATE again!
Post by JimmyMac
Post by Edward Dolan
See what I said above in this regard.  He who expects to be heard,
must first learn to listen.   You have never recognized the notion nor
mastered the ability.
But I listen to Myself all the time! Of course, just because I listen to
Myself doesn't mean I act on it.
I didn't think it was necessary to add "OTHERS" since that's a given
and I expected would be understood as such, but you, but you said it
best. You only listen to yourself. Consequently, you should not
expect anyon to listen to you.
.
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
You are in need of reform, but since you will never reform, I'll take
your advice this one time an tell you to go fuck yourself.
Post by JimmyMac
Your wife was a fool for marrying you and a saint for putting up with you.
But I think that could be said about most marriages among the hoi-polloi.
Please qualify. In your jaded, twisted, errant opinion, your forgot
to add.
Post by JimmyMac
[...]
Post by Edward Dolan
I spend very little time on the Internet, about 1 hour a day. Half the time
my computer is not even working. It is a fucked up technology that only
appeals to nerds and geeks like you. Let's hear it for those god damn
fucking utilities! None of them work either.
So, let's see now.  You are experiencing computer probelms which even
the "god damn fucking utilities" can't fix?  There is hope then.  One
day soon your computer will breathe its last and put and end to your
bullshit.  Alleluia!
I will put an end to the computer before the computer puts an end to me.
Those who want to fool with these dammed infernal machines are welcome to
it, but I have never been confused about what is important and what is silly
nonsense. If you had a brain in your head, you would ask yourself why
computers constantly need "fixing".
Everything involves conflict and a contest with you . How telling.
You'd have far less of a problem if you had a Mac, and if you had a
brain in your head, you'd know that.
Tom $herman (-_-)
2012-01-08 07:02:43 UTC
Post by Edward Dolan
[...]
I think Tom Sherman has gone for good which means I can be gone for good
too. Frankly, I am glad as my foot was getting sore from kicking his dumb
ass.
Who?
--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Edward Dolan
2011-11-02 19:00:09 UTC
"JimmyMac" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7af8cac6-eba6-4b97-88c3-***@n38g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
On Oct 30, 10:53 pm, Mike Vandeman <***@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
Post by JimmyMac
ONE WAY conversation is an oxymoron. By very definition, dialogue is
implicit to conversation. ONE WAY, the trademark way of both you and
Dolan, is monologue!

It only seems one way to you because you never listen to what anyone else is
saying. However, if no one is saying anything new, then it is a waste to
time to respond with anything new, although I mostly do so out of the
goodness of my nature. Broken records like you are not appreciated on these
newsgroups. Either get a clue or leave.
JimmyMac
2011-11-05 13:31:01 UTC
[...]
Post by Mike Vandeman
Agreed. I long ago gave up the hope of hearing anything useful or true
storing valuable information for future generations to read and learn
from. Your posts are the only bright spot. They go way over the heads
of the usual denizens.
ONE WAY conversation is an oxymoron.  By very definition, dialogue is
implicit to conversation.  ONE WAY, the trademark way of both you and
Dolan, is monologue!
It only seems one way to you because you never listen to what anyone else is
saying. However, if no one is saying anything new, then it is a waste to
time to respond with anything new, although I mostly do so out of the
goodness of my nature. Broken records like you are not appreciated on these
newsgroups. Either get a clue or leave.
It seems that way because it is that way. When it comes to broken
records, you are the paradigm.
m***@gmail.com
2011-10-31 04:28:35 UTC
On Oct 30, 3:44 am, "Edward Dolan" <***@iw.net> wrote:
<deleted> Fuck'em all I say.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219614651438799&set=a.103637719703160.5728.100001707973399&type=1&ref=nf
Edward Dolan
2011-10-31 19:35:16 UTC
--
Post by m***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219614651438799&set=a.103637719703160.5728.100001707973399&type=1&ref=nf
We Great Ones have no need for attention from the hoi-polloi. We are like
God, self-sufficient and a law unto Ourselves.

My only purpose in being here is to touch base with My inferiors. How else
would I ever know what they are like?